'Tis the season for fall flavors, so we're throwing another pumpkin dessert recipe at you! You have you're chocolate pudding, you're butterscotch, but how about a creamy spiced pumpkin pudding with some Coco, Bee & Nut topping?
This Pumpkin Fluff is not only grain free and gluten free, but is also filled with good fats that will put the cherry on top of your fullness meter at the end of dinner or when you're in need of a little pick-me-up snack. It's covid, we're all tired - I say take a breather and enjoy the little things, like this sweet treat!
My mom used to make an awesome version of this Pumpkin Fluff with cool whip and sweetened condensed milk, but I didn't have these ingredients handy when the craving hit. So, I substituted heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Here you go!
Autumn Pumpkin Fluff
Makes 4-8 servings
- 16 oz. can of pureed pumpkin
- 8 oz carton of heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (or more to fit your tastebuds)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Coco, Bee & Nut: Grain Free Granola (whatever flavor you like)
1. Whip the heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a chilled mixing bowl until it forms firm peaks; an electric hand mixer or stand up mixer with whipping attachment work equally well for this.
2. Fold in the pureed pumpkin, nutmeg, and cinnamon until fully blended with the whipped cream.
3. Either serve right away with a generous sprinkle of Coco, Bee & Nut, or chill in the fridge until you're ready to serve. Pumpkin Fluff will keep for up to 3-5 days.
Let us know if you tried this recipe and what you thought of it. I love hearing feedback!